Hospitalist Jobs in Alaska
Wednesday · January 27, 2021
1 Job in The Land of the Midnight Sun
Photo: Skilak Lake in the Kenai Peninsula near Anchorage.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent hospitalist job (New Orleans) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- ChenMed is a senior focused primary care organization, in nine United States markets through its 50+ senior medical centers.
- Strong leadership and communication skills, the ability to build relationships with external organizations, and interest in information technology applications in medical settings.
- Serves as the hospitalist or skilled nursing facility physician for some of our patients (providing direct care in those facilities),.
- Patient concierge services including transportation to and from appointments, prescription delivery, holistic health services including acupuncture, yoga and tai chi and nutrition seminar.
- Serves as the primary care physician for a partial panel of our patients.
- The Medical Director, Acute and Transitional Care is a local market medical leadership position reporting directly to the Market Chief Medical Officer and focused on leading the market's care for its members as they transition through environments of care outside of our centers.
- Bringing better healthcare to seniors.
- Primary care practice model assuming full risk and accountability for patient outcomes.
- About Our Area.
- Coaches physicians and other clinicians in support of the overall quality and performance in the market.
- At the annual Jazz Fest, savor the rhythms of blues, bluegrass, folk and Cajun music at this sensational event that is second only to Mardi Gras as a favorite for New Orleans visitors.
- Transitional care team that includes full scope of in-house consulting specialists.
- Excellent medical skills.
- This position may also have additional duties in the market, depending upon their areas of expertise and the needs of the market.
- Provides specialty care that falls within the physician's area of specialty.
- Good analytical skills and the ability to manage for results.
- Aside from culinary and musical excitement, New Orleans is thriving once again as a sports center and will be hosting the 2013 Super Bowl at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome.
- For seniors most in need of care, high quality health care is too often beyond reach.
- This talented physician will lead the transitional care team, a cohesive group of health care professionals dedicated to keeping our patients connected to their primary care physicians during episodes of acute hospitalization, post-acute care, and also during periods of increased need at home.
- Key daily activities for team members include continuous communication with primary care physicians and inpatient providers, participation in the market's case conferences, review of inpatient cases via inpatient courtesy visits and remote EMR review, care coordination, risk assessments, home health care monitoring and review, complex community case management, and home visits for high risk and homebound patients.
- As leader of a transitional care team, this physician will need to effectively lead and manage the daily activities of the team members.
- Physician - Hospitalist Job in New Orleans, LA.
- Helps Mcmo with physician meetings, training, and education of PCPs and administrative and support staff.
- Develops internal training materials and SOPs focused on the clinical development of the ChenMed/JenCare team.
- Cultivate strong relationships with our primary care physicians, their center based care teams, and other staff.
- Participates in Targeted Coverage Time- which is time providing care for patients whose primary care physician is on paid time off or otherwise unavailable.
- Fluent in English.
- This physician will need to possess strong clinical skills in the management of seniors with complex medical needs throughout all environments of care.
- On-site lab and prescription dispensary.
- Performs utilization review and management.
- Census Bureau statistics for 2008 reported a population of 336,644.
- As a fully capitated Medicare Advantage provider, ChenMed provides a concierge level of care with minimal to no expense to the beneficiary.
- Care team including dedicated nurses and cases management social workers that support physicians, so they can remain at the center of patient care.
- The transitional care team may include physicians, nurse practitioners, case managers, and administrative support staff.
- It is an invigorating city of fantastic dining and amazing music whose European, Caribbean and African cultural influences have made it among the most desired visiting destinations in the world.
- JenCare Senior Medical Center a ChenMed Company is a national leader in value-based, primary care that was founded to bring concierge-style medicine - and better health outcomes - to the neediest populations.
- Practice Profile.
- Conflict management and resolution skills, and ideally, experience of population risk management or complex chronic disease care management.
- The legendary city of New Orleans is renowned for everything from the annual Mardi Gras festivities in the historic French Quarter to the exciting Jazz & Heritage Festival.
- Other duties as assigned and modified at manager's discretion.
- Enjoy the Bourbon Street nightlife, the classic elegance of the beautiful historic mansions and architecture and outstanding cultural attractions at such institutions as the New Orleans Museum of Art (Noma) in City Park, the Ogden Museum of Southern Art and the Contemporary Arts Center.
- PCPs serve as the quarterbacks or general managers for total patient care.
- The Medical Director, Acute and Transitional Care will spend at least half of their time devoted to leading the transitional care team in the activities described above.
- West Bank Center, 501 Lapalco, Metairie II Center.
- Participates in team meetings and lead focused clinical discussions in clinic and market wide multidisciplinary meetings.
- Kenner Center.
- Delivers introductory training for all new practitioners.
- As a leader in preventive, value-based care we are seeking a Medical Director of Transitional Care who appreciate senior patients, excel in a collaborate environment and strive for positive outcomes for the patients.
- Due to our success, we continue to grow and will be hiring highly qualified Medical Director of Transitional Care to join our team in - New Orleans, LA!
- If you're looking for a change for the better, where you can start on a path to make a difference for patients and yourself, then we may be the right place for you.
- MidCity Center.
- Essential JOB Duties/.
This perm job opening was posted
13 days ago