Hospitalist Jobs in Alaska
Tuesday · February 18, 2020
1 Job in The Land of the Midnight Sun
Photo: Skilak Lake in the Kenai Peninsula near Anchorage.
This hospitalist job was previously available. It is displayed here for reference.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent hospitalist job (Jber) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- Staff Care, an AMN Healthcare company, is the nation's leader in locum tenens staffing.
- Staff Care typically arranges medical or dental malpractice insurance for contractor physicians and other specialists with whom we match to client opportunities.
- Hospitalist - Physician - (Hospital Medicine) Locum Tenens.
- The daily census is 15.
- Surrounded by dramatic glaciers, majestic mountains and an abundance of wildlife, this region of Alaska offers a slice of untamed wilderness and excellent travel health care opportunities.
- We provide flexible, temporary employment options for physicians, clinicians, and other allied health professionals in all specialties with a variety of healthcare organizations, typically with interim contracts lasting from one week to one year.
- A hospitalist (locum tenens) is a physician that is generally Internal Medicine residency trained but can be from Family Medicine or other sub-specialty programs.
- These general medicine professionals perform a variety of roles in the hospital and, accordingly, must be familiar with the entirety of human physiology and a wide range of illnesses and medical conditions.
- Specialty back-up includes pulmonary, critical care, cardiology, gastroenterology, and surgery.
- When patients arrive to the hospital, a hospitalist will take care of them, prescribing treatment as needed, before referring them to a specialist or discharging them from the facility.
- Glacier cruises, white water rafting, wildlife excursions"??these are just some of the exciting outdoor pursuits that travelers enjoy when they work in Anchorage.
- Hospitalist, general medicine, physician, healthcare, health care, patient care, hospital, medical, doctor, MD, locum tenens.
- Hospitalists complete residencies in internal medicine, much like primary care physicians.
- Candidate must be Board Certified or Board Eligible in Internal Medicine.
- The number of shifts is between 16-18 per month, including days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- In addition, Staff Care locum tenens positions regularly receive highly competitive pay and a dedicated team to handle all travel, lodging, rental, and transportation needs.
- Approximately 0-4 admissions per day required.
- StartDate: Asap Available Shifts: Varied Shift.
- The schedule is likely to be seven days on alternating with seven days off.
- Start date will be as soon as credentialing and privileging is completed for a period of at least six months, possibly longer.
- They specialize in the care of patients who have been admitted into a hospital.
This perm job from Staff Care was last open on Apr 4.